We are not taking any new patients for the month of July. This will be reviewed at the beginning of August.
We are welcoming new patients to enrol with Courtenay Medical – visitors, travellers, casual or permanent patients. Our relationship with you is built on trust, honesty and sharing of information.
Let us guide you through the process
- Please complete all of the forms listed below and return them to us, ensuring that you have filled in all sections, signed and dated all forms.
- Our enrolment package includes registering with the patient portal Manage My Health and we encourage all patients to make use of this secure portal
- Photo ID must be provided as we are required by the Ministry of Health to verify your identity ie NZ drivers license or passport
- Non-NZ residents and if you were born outside of NZ, will need to provide your passport and proof of evidence of eligibility to receive government subsidised funding. If you are unsure of your eligibility for funding please refer to the link Ministry of Health/Guide to eligibility
- We will contact you once your enrolment has been processed to arrange a first appointment
Your first appointment can NOT be booked online as it is longer than the standard 15 minutes and requires you to see the nurse prior to the doctor.
Most general practice providers are affiliated to a PHO. Courtenay Medical is part of the Compass Health PHO www.compasshealth.org.nz
What is a PHO?
Primary Health Organisations (PHO) are the local structures for delivering and co-ordinating primary health care services. PHOs work to bring together doctors, nurses and other health professionals (such as Maori health workers, health promoters, dieticians, pharmacists, physiotherapists, mental health workers and midwives) in the community to serve the needs of their enrolled populations. PHOs receive a set amount of funding from the government to ensure the provision of a range of health services, including visits to the doctor.
Benefits of enrolling
You will receive subsidised consultations and have access to the range of external services that the PHO provides.
- You will help us to better understand your health concerns and improve the service we provide for your family.
- We can work with other services in the area to ensure that you and your family receive good quality healthcare.
- Enrolment is voluntary. If you choose not to enrol you will still be able to visit any of our Doctors but will have to pay the full non-subsidised fee.
What happens if I am not eligible to enrol?
Even if you are not eligible for funding you are still more than welcome to register with us. You will still receive the same high quality of care from our team. If your status changes and you become eligible to enrol contact us and we will follow the necessary steps to facilitate this.